Saturday, September 22, 2012

Nail Art Challenge: Day Eight: Galaxy Nails

A long time ago, in galaxy far, far away…
It was day eight of the nail art challenge, galaxy nails.


I really love the whole galaxy nail thing. These were the ones I was most worried about at the beginning of the challenge, and I found them the easiest out of everything I've done so far.



I really had no idea where to start with these, so I used Cutepolish's Galaxy Nails tutorial to guide me. I switched some things up a little bit to suite my taste, and taa-daa!


My favorite change was, instead of using a regular boring black base, using China Glaze Smoke and Ashes. If you haven't seen this polish before, it is the most beautiful color ever. It's a black polish stuffed with blue and green glitter. If you don't own it yet, quick! Run to a store in a galaxy near you and grab it!


After I painted that as the base, I sponged on white, yellow, and pink, and then the blue to mix together the yellowy part and the black. I used a toothpick to dot on the white stars, and covered it all with a glittery polish. Pretty much what Cutepolish does in her video. Smoke and Ashes doesn't really show up too well underneath everything, which stinks, but I think it adds a little color to it all.



Hehe. Get it? Yoda. And the galaxy nails.
Oh, why do I even bother trying to be funny? I still get a kick out of this picture for whatever reason, though.




And I included this unfocused picture just to show you all the glitter-y-ness of it all. What do you think?

I used:
Base coat: Beauty Secrets – Ridge Filler
Glittery Black: China Glaze – Smoke and Ashes
White: Sally Hansen – Hard to Get
Yellow: Sally Hansen – Lightening
Pink: OPI – Steady as she Rose
Blue: China Glaze – First Mate
Glitter: Sally Hansen – Strobe Light
Top coat: Sally Hansen – Strengthening Top Coat

If you think this design was out of this world (heh), please remember to follow here, on Facebook, and on TwitterDon't forget the lovely Erica's Nails and More at her blog and on Facebook. Feel free to comment about all of my terrible space jokes, or about anything else you have to say! 
- Muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment