Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Nail Art Challenge Day Two: Half-Moon Nails

Hello, fellow nail polish addicts! Today's Day Two of the February Nail Art Challenge (held by the wonderful Erica over at Erica's Nails and More), and that means:



Half-moon nails!

I was really excited for this one. I've never done half moons before, and I love how they look. A problem quickly arose, though, when it was time to choose the colors.

I can be picky about color combinations. And that gets even worse when one of those colors has to come from my limited supply of unused colors. But funnily enough, both the colors I used ended up being unused ones! 

So onto the nails. I wanted to do something other than the typical half-moon, so I attempted a gradient dotticure which outlined the half-moon. What do you all think of it?

Angle 1


Another angle

Bottle shot

The official picture (with sign!)

For this, I used:
Base coat: Beauty Secrets - Ridge Filler
Gold: Orly - Luxe
Red: Pure Ice - All Nighter
Top coat: Sally Hansen - Strengthening Top Coat


That's it! Sadly one of my nails decided to start tearing, and I didn't get too many pictures before I forced myself to remove the polish and patch it up.

To make sure you hear about my next design for the challenge, go ahead follow here, 'like' on Facebook, and follow on Twitter! Make sure to head over to Erica's Nails and More, too! 



1 comment:

  1. This looks great Allie! I love that you did something "non traditional" :) The colours look great together!

    ReplyDelete