Thursday, August 9, 2012

Liebster Award!


Hey, all! So I was lucky enough to be nominated for the Liebster Award by Cupcakes and PolishLacqueerisa, and Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Lacquer. Thanks a bunch, guys! So here we go!


Since more than one person nominated me, I just chose my favorite questions from each one. 

These are the rules:
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There's no tag backs. 

11 fun facts about Muffin Nails:
1. I have two lovely kitties, Abraham and Oscar, who just love “helping” me paint my nails.
2. Goldfish crackers are my favorite snack. Ever. I think I could live for months on them alone.
3. My favorite color is orange. And I only have four orange nail polishes. Huh.
4. Bazinga.
5. My camera refuses to take close-up shots. It’s the most annoying thing ever.
6. I hate people that call themselves hipsters. You’re not a hipster if you think you are. Duh.
7. My hair used to have a purple streak in it. Now, it’s just… bleach-colored.
8. I’m so terrible at coming up with random facts about myself that a friend came up with most of these for me.
9. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
10. The world’s going to end in 2012. It’s going to be a zombie apocalypse. Better stock up on your weapons now, folks.
11. This took me entirely too long to write.

My answers:
1. How do you organize your stash? 
I have my handy dandy polish drawer under my sink. But it’s kind of out of room so now I keep about my thirty most recently used polishes with me on my desk. It's not the most organized method, but I (sort of) know where everything is. And that's fine with me!

2. If there was a fire, and your family was all safe, what 5 polishes are you rescuing?
Gosh, this is tough. I’m sure I would probably be killed in the fire before coming to a decision on just five, but here are my picks.
OPI Cajun Shrimp – This is definitely my all-time favorite color. Red isn’t my favorite color, but this one is just amazing. I went out for a pedicure earlier this summer (I know, I could have painted them myself, but it’s just so relaxing) and this was the color I used. I spent the next month stairing at my toes, thinking, “I need that color,” until I finally found it.
Essie Mojito Madness – I just adore green polishes. It’s not my favorite color or anything, but the majority of the polishes I’ve bought in the last month or two have been some shade of green. This one is so summery and cool and a joy to use.
China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le – A beautiful pale blue-ish purple. It makes me think of bright blue skies and puffy clouds and happy things. I actually only came across this one recently, but I don’t know what I would do without it.
China Glaze Exotic Encounters – Another green; no surprises there! I don’t really know how to describe this one. But I am oh so in love with it and if you don’t own it, run!! Go buy it! Now! I don’t think it’s for everyone but it truly is a wonderful polish.
China Glaze Smoke and Ashes – Let’s get this straight, I’m not a glitter person. I’ve seen too many glitters that come off as tacky or over-the-top to me. I also think the whole glitter polish removal process is such a hassle. However, this one is a complete exception. It's got little glittery blue and green specks and is so dark and mysterious. 

3. Least favorite nail trend?
Ugh. Stamping. I understand how cool it looks and everything, and I really appreciate those who are good at it, but I kind of feel like it’s cheating. I would rather spend hours lovingly hand-painting designs on my nails than stamping it on. Plus, I like to make nail art that’s easy for anyone to do. If I were to do a design with stamping, not everyone would be able to do the same thing (AND the design’s probably been done before by hundreds of others using the same stamping plate!).

4. Describe your personal style.
I think ‘random’ sums it up perfectly. I usually get really into things, and have forgotten about them by the next week. One day I might show up somewhere in a cute little skirt and a frilly top, and the next day I’m rocking some neon shoes. Life’s more fun that way.

5. One word that people that know you well would use to describe you.
I guess, spontaneous. Planning things out is okay, but I love doing things spur-of-the-moment. Things are more interesting when you don’t quite know how they’ll turn out until they happen.

6. Where is the weirdest place you ever polished your nails?
I tried to paint them on a school bus once. Not a very good idea. Everyone thought I was crazy, and I got more paint on my skin than on my actual nails. So lesson: Only paint nails when not in a moving vehicle.

7. Do you have any other hobbies besides nail polish?
I’m really into tennis, but I’m terrible at almost any other sport (don’t even mention running to me!). I like artsy creative stuff, and so sometimes you’ll see me carrying around a duct tape wallet or bag. I have a slight Minecraft addiction, and I’m shocked I haven’t done some Minecraft themed nails yet. I might just have to fix that.

8. What is your favorite wild animal?
An elephant. They’re so large and magnificent, but so cute at the same time…

9. When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging around the beginning of April. It was around the time I started getting really interested in nail art. I assumed I would keep up the blog for just a week or two and then forget about it (see question four) but, here I am!

10. How many bottles of polish do you own?
Math time! Based on my not-so-accurate counting skills, somewhere around 80. I would have more, but my family gets grumpy when I bring in new polish.

11. What do your friends / family think of your hobby?
I think it drives them crazy. My family hates coming home to the smell of nail polish all the time, but I think they appreciate it. Not sure about my friends. Some are excited to let me paint their nails while some tease me about it.


Questions:
1. If you could only buy three more polishes for the rest of your life, what would they be?
2. How often do your paint your nails?
3. What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
4. What’s your favorite nail trend?
5. Least favorite?
6. Zombies or unicorns?
7. What’s your favorite nail polish brand?
8. What is the most you’ve ever paid for a bottle of polish?
9. What’s the nail design you’re most proud of?
10. What nail design did you try out that totally flopped?
11. What do you like to do other than blogging and nail polish?

The eleven bloggers I chose:

Again, thanks to Cupcakes and PolishLacqueerisa, and Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Lacquer, and thanks to everyone for reading!
Don't forget to follow here, on Facebook, and on Twitter.
- Muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment